Sunday, June 13, 2010

Checklist for the journey

I woke up at 5.30 am this morning. I checked my incoming sms in my blackberry, none. No emails too. after answering a few Facebook notifications, here I am, blogging.

Since we would only spend a night in Sebujit, I packed my knapsack with three underwear, a towel, one pant, one short pant, one sarong, two shirts, one sleeping t-shirt and 1 t-shirt. The long boat does not have roof, so I am bringing a cap and a wind breaker. As I had advised my friends, I will put on a rubber-soled shoes since we will walk down and up ladders in order to board or alight from the boat. We will have to climb the belian trunk-ladder up to the Baruk during the ceremony. It can be quite slippery.

Pak John will drive to Serikin early, as we have to liaise with the Malaysian army at the Serikin border. Although we have written a letter to them notifying them of this trip, I thought that we still need to see them just in case they over look the letter.

Robin is supposed to call everybody as a final reminder. I will do that too, in random.

Pak Gunawan's team should be at the border to accompany us to Seluas. A bus for our cultural troup will be at the border too.

It is 6.45 am now. I have to shower, and drive to Serikin. There is no internet service in Sebujit, being a remote village. I will be back for update on 16th June 2010.

With lots of pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment